You can Make a Real Difference for Children at ChildFund India
You'll find us in villages and cities across India as well as around the world, in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Our colleagues may be far flung, but we're united in our passion for the rights of children. We want to help children achieve their best. We want all children to grow up safe and healthy, with opportunities for learning, so they can create a better world for future generations.
We work at ChildFund because we believe:
- Every child has the right to receive the care, support, and protection to grow up healthy, educated, and safe.
- The well-being of all children leads to the well-being of the world.
- Each of us has the power to help children thrive.
- When you support children, you improve the world - and yourself.
- We work at ChildFund because we believe in the power of children to change their lives, their communities - and our world.
ChildFund India considers all applicants without regard to race, religious beliefs, gender, marital status, or physical or mental disability. We are an international non-profit, non-sectarian, equal opportunity employer.
To join ChildFund India family kindly look at the below openings,
Latest Job openings
Director - Business Development & Engagement
Job Title: Director - Business Development & Engagement
Department: Fund Raising
Reports to: Country Director
ChildFund India, in line with its Country Strategy 2020, is stepping into an exciting phase of its journey and ready to initiate new initiatives with regards to doubling its annual income and developing new and innovative partnerships. This position has been specifically designed to catalyze this vision of positioning ChildFund as a thought leader, innovative and leading agency in Child Development while enhancing its sustainability.
Reporting directly and working closely with the Country Director, Director – Business Development & Engagement will be a member of the Senior Management team and will be responsible for strategic leadership on all matters of Business Development & Engagement with various stakeholders such as government, academia, corporates and other like- minded organizations. The incumbent will lead the creation and implementation of an innovative and ambitious engagement and fundraising strategy with clearly articulated & agreed targets. The position holder also will be responsible for providing strategic direction to the fundraising team including playing an enablers role in actualization of the required fundraising to maintain and expand ChildFund India activities for the benefit of our children.
As part of a successful team, the incumbent will play a significant role at the strategic & leadership level in the growth and development of the organization, and an important part in developing an integrated approach across all parts of ChildFund India.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: (50%)
- Lead the creation and implementation of an innovative and ambitious fundraising strategy with clearly articulated & agreed targets.
- Lead annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams.
- Contact/open doors for the team to prospective funding sources, support, brief and attend meetings and presentations.
- Lead all aspects of the business development cycle including identifying new prospects for fundraising, qualifying prospects, making presentations on program offerings, and securing funds.
- Envision, prioritize and implement new and creative fundraising campaigns, including social media, crowd-funding, grants, etc. opportunities for new business relationships.
- Develop and nurture networks to build and maintain a pipeline of prospects.
- Guide communications team to develop strategies for profile raising and strategic partnerships.
- Build and facilitate beneficial relations with the development community (government agencies, funders, NGOs, local, regional and international partners) that result in new revenue generation opportunities. Lead on development of tools for engagement of principal donors such as multilateral agencies, foundations, and private corporations.
- Lead on developing strategic partnerships with academia for positioning of ChildFund as a thought leader.
- Lead liaisoning with relevant government departments for technical, financial and positioning collaborations.
- Build relationships with corporate network agencies, example CII, and other large foundations, bi and multi-lateral agencies.
- Act at all times in the best interest of ChildFund India while visibly positioning ChildFund in the right places including media and all events.
- As part of the SMT, contribute in critical aspects of the organizations’ strategy, planning and growth.
- Contribute to overall organizational strategy plans and budget, including all stakeholder relationships.
- Actively participate and contribute to other organizational issues including communications, cross-functional teamwork, accountability, HR, etc.
- Support, as requested, governance and other leadership functions and initiatives.
- Contribute actively towards team building efforts and ensure they are transparent, respectful and inclusive.
- A degree in management, business administration, marketing, or other relevant field.
- Around 15 years of networking & fundraising experience in leading in non-profit organization.
- Preference for experience of working in corporate sector.
- Track record of achieving income targets, ideally in a partnership or fundraising function.
- Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors; customer-service orientation.
- Experience in the areas of organizational planning and management.
- Experience with budgeting, planning and project administration.
- A good understanding of fundraising principles and best practice and well-informed of legislative changes
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to build a team of highly motivated and well qualified staff to achieve results.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, including a talent for crystallizing key strategic options for discussion and decision.
- Superlative diplomatic and communication skills, including an ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals (individual donors, business leaders, public figures), within a broad range of cultural environments
- Track record of bringing innovative and creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organization and its services.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder and donor relationships.
Interested candidates are requested to send across their applications at email@example.com by 18th June 2017.