You can Make a Real Difference for Children at ChildFund India
You'll find us in villages and cities across India as well as around the world, in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Our colleagues may be far flung, but we're united in our passion for the rights of children. We want to help children achieve their best. We want all children to grow up safe and healthy, with opportunities for learning, so they can create a better world for future generations.
We work at ChildFund because we believe:
• Every child has the right to receive the care, support, and protection to grow up healthy, educated, and safe.
• The well-being of all children leads to the well-being of the world.
• Each of us has the power to help children thrive.
• When you support children, you improve the world - and yourself.
• We work at ChildFund because we believe in the power of children to change their lives, their communities - and our world.
ChildFund India considers all applicants without regard to race, religious beliefs, gender, marital status, or physical or mental disability. We are an international non-profit, non-sectarian, equal opportunity employer.
To join ChildFund India family kindly look at the below openings,
Latest Job openings
Location: Bangalore and Delhi
Application Deadline : 15th May 2018
Additional Category : Education, Livelihood, Child Protection, Health and Nutrition
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : Consultant
Languages Required : English
Exp Duration of Assign:The assignment is based on need for proposal development on a timely basis.
ChildFund is a child development organization representing the voice of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children in India regardless of their race, creed and gender, since 1951. Presently, we are assisting over 2.5 million children and families across the country with our unique child-centric intervention programs. ChildFund India is a part of ChildFund International a global child development and protection agency, headquartered in US, serving more than 19 million children and family members in 25 countries. ChildFund International is a member of the ChildFund Alliance – a global network of 11 organizations which assists millions of children and families across 63 countries.
ChildFund India is on the lookout for professionals as consultants having a background of proposal development with sound knowledge of programs under the health, nutrition, livelihood, child protection and education (any one or more of the programs). ChildFund India will be empanelling the consultants for a period of one year while assignments will be based on the need from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Scope of work:
It is set out to develop a bankable project proposal for an identified funding source to mobilise resources. The consultant will be responsible for:
• Review the call for proposals and develop a road map for each call
• Convene and facilitate strategic dialogues with the relevant theme leads and internal resource personnel as per the requirement
• Review relevant information on ongoing initiatives based on Country Support Plan
• Assist the business development team to plan and develop project proposals leveraging funds while building capacities in the program area
• Desk review concept notes, draft proposals and providing consolidated feedback
• In consultation the current Technical Staff, review proposals, identify actions
required, quality control submitted proposals, including reviewing design, monitoring evaluation frameworks.
• Attend Thematic Sub Group meetings, support overall proposal development.
• Conduct visits at partners/stakeholders if necessary.
Supervision and Performance Evaluation:
The consultant will be supervised by the National Head Business Development and Engagement.
• Excellent technical skills;
• Ability to interact with a wide range of high level partners from high placed government officials as well as small business owners;
• Ability to motivate and work harmoniously with partners and colleagues;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities skills;
• Very good understanding on using MS Word and Excel as well as other relevant MS office software;
• Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
• Positive, constructive attitude to work;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s Degree or above in environment, health, education, economics, development, or a closely related field.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience. Relevant experience can include areas such as designing projects and/or programmes on climate adaptation, working on multi-sectoral initiatives, institutional capacity-building, development planning and budgeting, development management, public administration and related initiatives;
• Experience working with and delivering support to governments;
• Experience in writing proposal/document for multilateral, bilateral and vertical funding sources.
• Previous experience designing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and plans for child protection
• Proven experience, knowledge and skills of providing proposal writing support.
• Knowledge of child protection.
• Excellent understanding of programme and proposal development.
• Solid working knowledge of the Indian context, current policies, practices structures.
• Experience of working with a range of stakeholders and partners, various sizes interest areas, with complex settings.
• Fluency of English language is required.
• Fluency in writing and speaking local languages like Kannada, Tamil, Hindi will be an advantage.
Note: The above mentioned tasks to be performed are intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be modified following discussion with the selected consultant.
Interested candidate should send their application, including sample reports, similar services and budget
Childfund India is an equal employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. Submitted documents will not be returned.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.