You can Make a Real Difference for Children at ChildFund India
You'll find us in villages and cities across India as well as around the world, in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Our colleagues may be far flung, but we're united in our passion for the rights of children. We want to help children achieve their best. We want all children to grow up safe and healthy, with opportunities for learning, so they can create a better world for future generations.
We work at ChildFund because we believe:
- Every child has the right to receive the care, support, and protection to grow up healthy, educated, and safe.
- The well-being of all children leads to the well-being of the world.
- Each of us has the power to help children thrive.
- When you support children, you improve the world - and yourself.
- We work at ChildFund because we believe in the power of children to change their lives, their communities - and our world.
ChildFund India considers all applicants without regard to race, religious beliefs, gender, marital status, or physical or mental disability. We are an international non-profit, non-sectarian, equal opportunity employer.
To join ChildFund India family kindly look at the below openings,
Latest Job openings
COMMUNITY COORDINATOR – Life Stage II
Job Title: COMMUNITY COORDINATOR – Life Stage II
Location: DISHA Project, Firozabad
Reporting Relationship: Project Manager
ChildFund India works to address the overall well-being of the children, families and communities by providing financial, technical and institution-building assistance with maximum involvement of the local people in the design and implementation of all its programs in Life Stage II.
The Community Coordinator - Life Stage II provides technical support and leadership to implement programs in the assigned projects. The position will manage one or more project/s and will be responsible for planning and monitoring of the project/s. S/he will provide technical inputs, handholding and capacity at the project level along with SR work of all life stage children/children under particular geographical area
S/he will be responsible for implementation and monitoring of all projects for Life Stage II
• Quality learning opportunities through child friendly schools
• Knowledge and life skills in school at home and in the community
- Design / develop age-based projects for children and youth, using participatory approach and actively involves children and youth. Based on the above, work with the Project Manager to prepare the Annual Operating plan for the Area as a whole.
- Based on the project designs and annual Operating Plan and Projects, prepare the detailed implementation plan on the assigned thematic area.
- Implement the common programs on the thematic area and monitor progress and guide the field team on their activities.
- Interact with the children and communities to measure the impact of project activities and identify any gaps / issues to be addressed
Capacity Building & Support:
- Plan and conduct training and capacity building activities for the communities directly or through external consultants as required.
- Network with local bodies / authorities to leverage resources and facilitate convergence of various community initiatives.
- Support the field teams on all project related activities.
Program related Documentation & Reporting
- Prepare monthly reports on project activities, training,.
- Develop case studies and technical documents to demonstrate program impact.
- Coordinate with Finance for fund requirements, expenses / reimbursements for program related activities.
- Undertake advocacy on issues affecting the lives of children in the community.
- Fulfill any other responsibility as assigned by Project Manager from time to time
- Post graduate degree in Development Studies or Social Sciences.
- At least 5 years of child-centric program design and implementation experience including working with one of the focused thematic areas like – Education and Child Protection.
- Knowledge of Child and Community Development and specialization in the thematic area of Life Stage II such as Education, Child protection, Child Leadership etc.
- Capacity Building & Training skills
- Verbal Communication (English, Hindi )
- Written Communication (including Documentation & Reporting)
- Monitoring & Review
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences.
Accounts & Admin Assistant
Title : Accounts & Admin Assistant
Division/Department : Finance
Reporting Relationship : Project Manager
The position reports to the Project Manager (with functional reporting to the NO Finance) and is responsible for handling all finance- related aspects of Project, this includes accounting all projects and the project office expenses, managing cash flow, financial reporting and ensuring compliance to internal policies as well as statutory requirements as applicable. This will also include supervision of administrative activities of the Project. The role represents the accounting & financial management at the project level and to same extent monitoring of partner finances. There is no direct supervisory responsibility but a shared resource for accounts and administrative support.
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with project team in preparation of budget for Area projects.
- Preparation fund request for project based on budget.
- Maintain approved budget and track against utilization.
- Provide feedback or corrective action to project teams on any deviations from budget.
Accounts & Book keeping
- Maintain project financial accounts such as petty cash, bank and settlement of travel advances etc.
- Ensure all payments (including salaries) are disbursed regularly and on time, recover bills and vouchers as applicable and ensure that they are in order.
- Close books of accounts on time and as per general accounting policies and procedures.
Financial Reporting & MIS
- Preparation and submission of Monthly financial reports of the Project.
- Prepare/ update reports for the all projects, review and send to Central Finance team.
- Provide accurate financial information and analysis for effective MIS.
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting and admin work.
Incumbent should demonstrate:
- Admin work.
- Good communication skills (oral & written) in English and Hindi.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage complex priorities.
Sponsor Relations Coordinator
Title : Sponsor Relations Coordinator.
Division/Department : Sponsor Relations.
Reporting Relationship : Program Officer, Sponsor Relations & Zonal Manager.
The position is responsible for coordinating all sponsorship responsibilities at the Zonal level. This includes all communication between the sponsored child and the sponsor, maintenance of data base on all enrolled children, updating information on the sponsorship software of LINCS & SRIS, maintaining corporate status on SR systems, files and backup of critical information at the National Office.
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all sponsorship requirements regarding child inventory, child communication, visits and reports are met with quality controls.
- Conduct partner visits to provide support, guidance, training and monitoring of sponsor relations activities
- Generate sponsor awareness amongst communities to improve child-sponsor relations.
- Ensure that zonal staff are trained in and fully understand internal SR operational policies and procedures.
- Compile and monitor SR activities at partner level and report the same to NO through the Zonal Manager.
- Analyze sponsorship information available through existing databases and systems and interpret trends and observations for management action.
- Ensure the SR software like LINCS and SRIS are maintained and updated on a regular basis and reports are generated accurately.
- Oversee and manage the child verification process; consolidate child verification reports to be shared with National office through the Zonal Manager.
General Office Administration
- Work with program team to ensure that enrolled children are participating in program activities.
- Conduct periodic village and family visits for quality sponsorship communication, especially for child verification and child progress reports.
- Facilitate sponsor and other visits to project locations including preparation of itinerary, arrangement of logistics, supervision and visit reporting.
- Ensure the implementation of organizational standards, child benefit tracking, agreed sponsorship standards, and integration of sponsorship with programs as required.
- Any other tasks that are assigned by the Program Officer, Sponsor Relations/Zonal Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any development discipline. A Master’s degree would be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills (Windows environment)
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a progressive INGO/NGO environment with an mix of field and sponsorship systems.
Incumbent should demonstrate:
- Results orientation, diligent, and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Proficiency in a local language will be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Willingness to travel – up to 40% of time.
To apply kindly send your latest resume at email@example.com by or before 18th November 2017.